Sep 30, 2007

Why I do what I do!

I have been reading “The Witch of Portobello” by Paulo Coelho (2007) and I came across this perfect quote, which sums up why I feel so strongly about the work I do as Ceremonialist:
“Our time on this earth is sacred, and we should celebrate every moment. The importance of this has been completely forgotten: even religious holidays have been transformed into opportunities to go to the beach or the park or skiing. There are no more rituals. Ordinary actions can no longer be transformed into manifestations of the sacred.” (pg 11)
With my work, I am choosing to be a part of reviving the lost and forgotten opportunities and making them available again as manifestation of the sacred. I feel very blessed to do so and look forward to meeting those who want these ways in their lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Carrie, Paulo Coelho got wind of your blog and wants to post this article on his blog.
Paulo Coelho's blog
In case you have any restrictions, do not hesitate to write me on my email : valentinawol@gmail.com
Have a wonderful day!

And here's a quote to ponder:
The Warrior of the Light does not postpone making decisions.
(Warrior of the Light)

Valentina

 
eXTReMe Tracker